It is with great pleasure we acknowledge our pillars of strength who have helped us during various stages of our research projects: they have been our advisors, they have been catalysts for our ideas and they have energized us when we ran low on morale. Our guardian angels are:
Professor Jörgen Larsson
- Professor and Dean Emeritus, Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
- Member Nobel Assembly 1996-2014
Professor Thongueb Uttaravichien
- Professor Emeritus, Department of Surgery, Khon Kaen University School of Medicine, Khon Kaen, Thailand
- Albert Schweitzer Gold Medal Awardee for Humanitarianism (2001)
Professor Johan Permert
- Professor, Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
- Former Head, Department of Innovations and Development, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Professor Marie Diener-West
- Chair, Master of Public Health Program, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore USA
- Affiliations: Center for Global Health, Johns Hopkins Center for Clinical Trials and Evidence Synthesis, Johns Hopkins Institute for Clinical and Translational Research. Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore USA
Professor Ronan O’Connell
- Professor Emeritus of Surgery, School of Medicine, St. Vincent's University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
- Joint Editor of Bailey and Love’s Short Practice of Surgery and Rob and Smith's Operative Surgery of the Colon Rectum and Anus.
Professor Chris Lavy
- Professor of Orthopaedic and Tropical Surgery, Consultant Orthopaedic and Spine Surgeon, Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences, Oxford UK
- Fellow, Green Templeton College, University of Oxford UK
- Honorary Professor, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
Professor Charlie Mock
- Professor of Global Health, Professor of Surgery and Professor of Epidemiology; University of Seattle, Washington USA
- Director of Global Health Minor, Harborview Injury Prevention & Research Center, University of Seattle, Washington USA
Professor David Jayne
- Professor of Surgery, St. James’s University Hospital, Leeds UK
- National Institute of Health Research-Global Health Research Group-Surgical Technologies, Leeds Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences, University of Leeds, UK
- First Bowel Cancer UK/Royal College of Surgeons of England Colorectal Research Chair
Professor Pradyumna Vyas
- Director, National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, India
- Member Secretary, India Design Council, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India.